- I recently designed Sam Shepard's play "Curse of the Starving Class" for TheaterZone in Chelsea; directed by Paul Melone. Hence I can't avoid mentioning the new Sam Shepard documentary, reviewed in Slate: "This So-Called Disaster".
Jacob Weisberg, a Slate editor, also calls Bush a
dedicated fool. It's nice to remember that, with all the other freedoms we've lost and are losing, we can still insult the president without fear of imprisonment. But you should read the article; Weisberg marshals Real Facts on behalf of his characterization.
The question I am most frequently asked about Bushisms is, "Do you really think the president of the United States is dumb?"
The short answer is yes.
... As the president says, we misunderestimate him. He was not born stupid. He chose stupidity. Bush may look like a well-meaning dolt. On consideration, he's something far more dangerous: a dedicated fool.
- Frank Gehry's Geek Palace. Wired not-quite-gets what it's like to work in the Stata center (as I now do). Although it's amazing how much whizzy tech has been crammed in in the past few days, just because the donors are coming to a dedication today. It's starting to feel like the Media Lab.
- Disney tries to stop release of Moore film.
- Dan is right: you should immediately go to Songs To Wear Pants To.
- Kudos to Slate/the Hollywood Reporter for noticing that, in the latest Olsen twins movie, Intellectual Property thieves are the super-villians.
Over on twitter, Tim Caswell mentioned, "I think high-level scripting language on top of something like rust.zero would make for an amazing OS."…
Happy Thanksgiving! Here's SDR 0.7 to celebrate the holiday. Version 0.7 incorporates a number of dance engine refactorings completed shortly after…
- 0 comments